Rutgers athletic director Julie Hermann made an off-the-cuff joke about the Jerry Sandusky child sex-abuse scandal at Penn State during a meeting with staff last fall.
The recent spate of high-profile domestic violence cases involving Ray Rice and other NFL players prompted Major League Baseball and the players' union to open talks about the way that sport should deal with such episodes.
posted 2014-09-19 13:35:29 by ESPN.com
- Dunkerton woman injured in rollover accident
Oct 21 1:26pm
- USDA: Iowa corn harvest 18 days behind schedule
Oct 21 1:09pm
- Des Moines pharmacy owner to plead guilty in deal
Oct 21 1:05pm
- Iowa’s unemployment rate up to 4.6 percent
Oct 21 9:53am
- Branstad winning cash race against Hatch
Oct 21 5:57am
- Cedar Rapids woman pleads guilty to wire fraud
Oct 21 5:53am