Alcohol will be available at UNI Panther football and men’s basketball games, starting this weekend when the Panther football team hosts Southern Utah.
With concession stands serving beer for the first time, UNI athletic officials have designated several alcohol-free seating areas in both the UNI-Dome and the McLeod Center. The University has also set limits on the quantity of beer which may be purchased during each transaction.
In a press release announcing the new alcohol sales rules, Panther Athletics Director David Harris said, “We always look for ways to improve our fan experience and have the best game atmosphere possible. We are excited to provide this new amenity to our fans. We did a lot of work to make sure that we do this in a safe and responsible way. I am thankful to our partners across the university and in the community who helped make this a reality.”
UNI Athletics Alcohol Sales Policy
• All guests must be 21 years of age and show a valid ID to obtain a wristband before purchasing alcohol.
• A valid wristband is required at the time of purchase.
• A limit of two beers may be purchased at one time per wristband.
• Sales will begin when doors open in the UNI-Dome (hour-and-a-half prior to kickoff) and in McLeod Center for men’s basketball games (One hour before tip-off).
• Sales will end when the game clock has expired at the conclusion of the third-quarter for football and 10 minutes left in the second half for men’s basketball.
• Guests are not allowed to bring alcohol into the UNI-Dome or the McLeod Center and are not allowed to exit with alcohol.
• UNI Athletics reserves the right to search guests for alcoholic beverages.
• Alcohol is not allowed in the student section or in the TC’s Kids Club area.
• Guests are not allowed to give alcohol to other guests under the age of 21.
• Failure to adhere to these policy guidelines may result in ejection from the arena without refund.